Throughout the marvellous journey I have been on once i joined the Twitter fraternity, i have enjoyed, thoroughly, the many thousands of tweets that have been tweeted my way. To hear and often see what other educators are up to in their daily teaching lives has certainly open my own eyes to how i can improve my own practices.
To also have something so simple as Twitter be such an important and powerful resource, one which i now rely on frequently, at my disposal 24/7, is a great thing. To have created and developed a strong PLN, both locally and not, has been of great assistance to me, especially in my current role.
One thing that i gave found tricky with the whole Twitter thing is what to do with ALL of those great tweets and resources that come my way. Like many, i ‘favourite’ what i definitely want to come back to and occasionally even book mark items to my tool bar in Chrome directly. This has caused me a great deal of pain as my tool bar now has an utterly ridiculous amount of links associated with it, all of which has zero organisation!
So in my madness i have aimed to begin to collate what i have added as a ‘favourite’ over the years… and there’s a lot! If anyone out there in Twitter land, or somewhere else land, can assit me in the best way to orgainse these it’d be greatly appreciated!
Below i have included 20 links, yes, just the 20, that i’ve found to be of great value both in my owen role, as an educator, and as a coach!
- Updated > 55 Interesting Ways to use an iPad in the Classroom http://bit.ly/hCxEoX (I think it’s now up at 103!) @tombarret
- How To Support Teachers Integrate Technology:http://bit.ly/mDR1pF @web20classroom
- Free Technology for Teachers: 10 Ideas to Help You Prepare for Teaching in a 1:1 Classroom http://ht.ly/5RUnd @ianw91
- 101 Undiscovered Freebies: The List | New Web 2.0 tools for education | Scoop.it |
@scoopit via @LetsLearnIT http://bit.ly/qXIlFy @heheboy
- 5 Reasons Why Our Students Are Writing Blogs and Creating ePortfolios | Powerful Learning Practice http://plpnetwork.com/2011/08/26/5-reasons-why-our-students-are-writing-blogs-and-creating-eportfolios/ @eportfolios
- Infographic: How Video Games Are Changing Education – Via: Online Colleges Guide http://tumblr.com/x924jlltwp @adriancamm
- 209 Ideas for Using Media, Podcasts and Blogs to Enhance Student Learning http://ht.ly/6pdQR
- Education’s Guide to Mobile Devices http://bit.ly/rcRMru
#edtech #mlearning @NHMS_Principal
- 32 Ways to Use Google Apps in Classrooms and Schools in 50 Minutes. http://bit.ly/mRT2vS /via
@juliastiglitz #edchat #edtech #ukedchat @iEducator
- Top 10 Education TEDTalks – http://goo.gl/F7d0n @nancyrubin
- Game-Based Learning Units for the Everyday Teacher @daniellecart
- 10 Exciting Apps To Enhance Physical Education – Edudemichttp://bit.ly/qSlQws
#edapp #edtech #physed #mlearning @MoodleMcKean
- South Korea Says Good-Bye To Print Textbooks, Plans To Digitize Entire Curriculum By 2015 (video) | Singularity Hubhttp://singularityhub.com/2011/10/25/south-korea-says-good-bye-to-print-textbooks-plans-to-digitize-entire-curriculum-by-2015-video @craff2008
- Introducing iPads in the early years http://tinyurl.com/cm3uhqz @tricias
- 100+ iPad Apps Perfect For High School http://zite.to/vilXoh via
@zite #mlearning #edtech @sbearden
- 10 tips for making the most of BYOD and working online.docx – Google Docs – http://goo.gl/c6Ex7 – Collaborative version – feel free to edit @ClaireAmosNZ
- 10 Ways to Use Your iPad 2 with the Apple TV | Mac|Life |
@scoopitvia @KenYelverton http://bit.ly/zFnbbB #ipaded #apple @ipadsammy
- Building an Effective School
#BYOD Plan http://zite.to/zyoqfH #edtech #mlearning @NHMS_Principal
- 102 online Geography games and simulations http://bit.ly/GYpu4H
#edtech #education #edchat @learnocracy
- 10 Ways To Differentiate Learning… http://post.ly/6PGVO @jedipadmaster
And a few extras…
- 101 Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers You Should Know About:http://bit.ly/HmuftO via
- Apps to Support Bloom’s Taxonomy – Android, Google, iPad and Web 2.0 – http://goo.gl/D4Woy
#UkrEl11 #cck12 #change11 @bugaychuk
- BYOD Policy vs. BYOD Learning Environmenthttp://www.ryanbretag.com/blog/?p=3008 via
- 7 Ways To Keep Students Focused While Using Technology | Edudemic via
@edudemic http://ow.ly/aKQgO @isteconnects
- Here are 10 great tips for optimizing iPads for students with special needs. http://ow.ly/aTMQd