0

ICT Peer Coaching PL

On Wednesday I participated in my last ICT Peer Coaching Professional Learning Session for the year. It was a little surreal as the the PL had been ran over 5 sessions consisting of whole and half days. the information that I gained from this was excellent and certainly the knowledge that I learnt i know i will utilise.

My AP, Helen Otway, ran the PL Sessions and did a great job in doing so! Helen has an expansive knowledge in ICT and has been involved in  some great teaching and learning initiatives. We had a number of visitors from surrounding College’s and Schools attend. There were a mix of educators ranging from Accomplished Teachers, to ICT Leading Teachers and eLearning coordinators and even other Assistant Principals.

One of the highlights that came from the PL sessions was the discussion that was derived from what we were all there for, ICT, Peer Coaching, and 1:1 computing. Having the chance to talk, share and discus al things ICT with others from outside of your own school setting is a great opportunity.

The final session of the ICT Peer Coaching PL had us investigating a great topic in relation to ICT Peer Coaching but ICT in general: Roadblocks!

roadblock

As a group we spoke about what Roadblocks we encounter in our own settings. The responses were wide and varied and these responses can be viewed HERE.

We also looked at a ‘mock’ roadblock situation and the steps involved in tackling such issues.

You can view the document that we investigated below:

1. Sample Coaching Roadblock

From the Roadblocks discussion we then discussed Trust and what it means as a coach to trust and be trusted. We looked at the diagram below and spoke about the importance of building strong relationships with the person that you are Peer Coaching alongside.

Screen shot 2010-12-10 at 11.18.59 AM

Overall, the 5 sessions that i attended were excellent. The sessions were relevant, engaging and prompted a massive amount of discussion which is always valuable. For anyone who is looking to begin ICT Peer Coaching in their setting i urge you to look at the ICT Peer Coaching Link and investigate the great material that Helen had put together!

Corrie